Develop and lead metagenomics projects based on Next Generation Sequencing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Train and supervise bioinformatics team;
- Provide project consultation to customers;
- Present results, interpretations and project proposals at team meetings and for non-technical stakeholders;
- PhD in Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology or a related science;
- Minimum 6 years of post-graduate research experience in metagenomics or microbiome studies using Next Generation Sequencing data sets;
- Expertise in high-throughput sequence analysis;
- Expertise in collecting skin and environmental samples for Next Generation Sequencing projects;
- Expertise in DNA extractions from skin and environmental samples;
- Strong publication record, at least 10 first-author publications related to metagenomics studies
- Experience with grants and funding applications;
- Experience in project managements;
- Experience in presentation to various audiences.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resume-Scientist: Metagenomics” at the subject line.
No phone calls.
Research Associate: Sequencing Laboratory
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform experiments related to Next Generation Sequencing library preparation;
- Operate various laboratory instruments to generate sequencing data;
- Screen and analyze sequencing data;
- Organize and maintain experimental records;
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Major in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or a related science;
- Experience with PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis and DNA/RNA extractions preferred;
- Experience of Next Generation Sequencing preferred;
- Experience of Bioinformatics preferred;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong analytical skills;
- Able to work on Saturdays.
Please submit resume to email@example.com with “Resume-Research Associate” at the subject line.
No phone calls.