SeqMatic is a Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) service provider based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The company was founded in 2012 by former Illumina R&D scientists who are experts in the field of NGS and related bioinformatics.
We specialize in Illumina NGS products, 10X Single Cell RNA-Seq, as well as custom sequencing services with fast turnaround times. Our lab is CLIA and CAP certified. We are expanding our capabilities beyond RUO to support Clinical Trials for our Clients, in addition to incorporating novel technologies such as Proteomics and Spatial Transcriptomics.
We offer a competitive salary, 401K with match and complementary medical/dental/vision benefits.
SeqMatic LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Opportunity:
The main duties of the position include designing, planning and executing tissue-based assays for spatial transcriptomics projects as well as standard Illumina NGS projects for DNA, RNA, and Single Cell sequencing. Candidates should enjoy associated challenges such as implementing new technologies and workflows as well as working across functional groups. Other job relevant tasks include data acquisition (microscopy, scanning), image analysis, photographic documentation, recording, compilation, interpretation and presentation of results.
- Plan, design, and conduct experiments to support Spatial Transcriptomics and Proteomics Services project implementation using frozen and/or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections
- Prepare Illumina compatible sequencing libraries from DNA, RNA, Single Cell, and Tissue sample sources
- Compile and analyze experimental results, seeking expert opinions when appropriate
- Troubleshoot technical issues independently with appropriate communication
- Work closely with members of the Bioinformatics teams to deliver project results to external customers
- Proactively schedule runs and manage queue based on priority
- Organize and maintain experimental records and lab procedures
- Communicate in person and electronically with team members as well as customers
- Perform experiments related to Illumina sequencing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related science;
- Ability to work collaborate on multiple projects in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organization, and problem-solving skills
- In-depth pathology knowledge and hands-on experience with microscopy and histology
- Experience with technologies such as 10x Visium or Nanostring GeoMx is a plus.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resume – Histology Technician” subject line.
Technical Sales Specialist, SF Bay Area
Summary of Role: The Technical Sales Specialist will have primary responsibility for developing and leading the territory sales strategy and execution for SeqMatic. This includes both individual responsibility as well as leveraging the human capital resources within the company. The incumbent will help define and communicate sales KPI’s to executive leadership, analyze patterns in account spending and market behavior, and define data-driven action strategies in order to consistently maximize territory sales performance.
Note: This is a home-office based position with >50% local travel (customer-facing meetings) expected. Overnight travel may be required as needed to attend conferences, trainings and meetings outside of the assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage territory/account planning, opportunity development, and key client facing activities.
- Provide executive sales presence at client & prospective client meetings and tradeshows.
- Assist with the development of metrics-driven sales methodology, including creating and sharing sales scripts, email templates and other sales tools as needed.
- Manage the stages of the sales process, understanding which features speak to which prospects/accounts, and reporting out on key sales performance metrics.
- Meet or exceed territory sales goals through prospecting, nurturing and winning both repeat and new revenue; upselling and cross-selling to existing customers; and business expansion within the customer site.
- Learning and utilizing advanced sales, communications and business skills to position appropriate solutions, overcome objections and closing the sale.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance in the development of the Company’s current and future commercial interests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sales Pro: 5+ years of technical sales experience in a scientific field. Proven ability to sell a premier brand over price.
- Technical: Strong working knowledge of genetics and imaging-based NGS workflows, preferably with Illumina instruments and bioinformatics software. RNA-Seq and / or single cell experience a plus.
- Connected: Extensive customer contacts in Pharma, Biotech and Molecular Diagnostics companies.
- Hunter: Strong prospecting and lead qualification skills.
- Creative Thinker: Intellectually curious and thrives on complexity.
- A Self-directed Learner: Capable of researching new NGS kits or protocols to stay current in the industry and advise customers and the company.
- Sound Decision-making Capabilities: Willing to take initiative and make decisions in absence of consensus when necessary.
- Tenacious: Excellent interpersonal, adaptable and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Growth Mindset: Thrives in a start-up, rapidly growing and thus constantly changing company environment.
- Communicator: Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Science related field or Business.
Master’s or PhD Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Please submit resume to email@example.com with “Resume-Technical Sales Specialist, SF Bay Area” at the subject line.